His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Last Chapter

We finished the last Chapter of "Hind's Feet on High Places"..... it was a great devotional to go through, and the girls LOVED it.

For those who do not know what Hind's Feet on High Places is...it is an allegory about the calling on our lives from our Heavenly Father, and our journey to learn to trust.
Much Afraid, made it to the High Places with her friends Sorrow and Suffering.  She was transformed into "Grace and Glory".. Sorrow and Suffering were transformed into "Joy and Peace".
And then, the Great Shepherd asked her what she learned on her way to the high places.... After much contemplation, she answered...
First, I must accept with joy, every path that You lead me on and everything that you let happen to me.
 I am to lay down my own desires and be your handmaiden, "Acceptance with Joy".

I also learned that I must forgive when others are allowed to hurt me. I am to say, Her I am, your handmaiden, "Bearing with Love"...
Then, I learned was that your are my Shepherd King. You never looked at me as I was, but as how I would be..... You saw me through your promise.
Finally, everything, that happens in life, no matter how crooked and ugly, it may seem to be, can be changed if I treat it with love, forgiveness and obedience to your will.....

And it went on:
The girlies listened intently and in our devotional part I asked them.... are there things in our lives that have happened where we need to be "Acceptance with Joy"?  How about "Bearing with Love?"
Oh my, the conversation we had! It was WONDERFUL!

We ended, praying for my sweet friend, for each other and with praising the Lord for His Merciful and Wonderful hand in our lives.

And then......... somehow, we talked a little about boys.  :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin