His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thoughts About Trauma

I just posted below a video of Sarah and Alli dancing Ballet in the living room to their little heart's delight. :)  It just brought me joy to watch them do something so simple, something many would not even think about, or might even consider it kids messing around... nothing important.....

But my mind can't go there.

As I watch them, I see two little girls whose fates were so terrible, so sad, so full of TRAUMA and NEGLECT it is hard to not be filled with tears of joy each time I sit and enjoy their antics, thanking the Lord for giving me the honor of being their mama.

Each time they come to me and say "Mama", or smile, or laugh, or giggle...... it is special. It is a miracle.

Why?  Because the fate that the Russian or Ukrainian orphan faces is simply horrible. The Mountain is unclimbable..... The TRAUMA and ABUSE is unspeakable.
Yet, 2 little girls dance. :)

God, in HIS MERCY and GRACE brought them to us as precious gifts. I pray that as we continue to point them to Jesus... their lives will make more sense.  Both of these little girls were adopted out of Ukraine and Russia, and then, tragically, rejected.
Both of these little girls are precious, children.
Because I believe in God's Soverignty, I have no question in my mind they were meant to be with us.
I have no question that God will take all the bad, and use it for good.... I have no question that HE is in control.....even when I do not understand.....
My human side asks "why".... however, I have learned that many times the answers are "trust me".

I pray that my little girls will rest in HIS perfect peace, which surpasses all understanding, each and every day for the rest of their lives, and that they will continue to bless everybody they meet with the awesome joy they have brought to us. :)
And if you haven't seen it:  Enjoy the dance. :)

1 comment:

:)De said...

They are all so sweet. I know what you mean... sometimes I just look at my kids and tears just flow at the thought of the prognosis that was given to them by some social worker. But God knew all along.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin