His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our Lovely Erika

Lovely is a good word for Erika. She has a tender and gentle spirit.  She is such a trooper, being the oldest sister out of 4, yet only a year and a half between everybody..... However, she has fit into the older sister role so very gracefully.   She even has the "older sister bed", which she is not willing to give up... LOL
I am so proud of her.  Just 5 years ago she was our little "Much Afraid".... and  now she is walking with the Shepherd. :)
She is most definitely entering into young adulthood full steam ahead..... 13 is upon us, and we are excited to see what the Lord is going to do in Erika's life.  
We do have our moments of emotion, and sometimes even a little head butting.... but it is much of the time a misunderstanding of words or concepts.  I constantly have to remember that.....English is just a HARD language to learn!
We were in the car the other day talking about how many words there are that sound the same as "cents".....  or to
1.cents
2. scents
3. since
4. sense

1.to
2.two
3.too
4.tu tu
and the list goes on.

And let's not forget the words that are misused in culture! 
Bad can mean good
Tight can mean cool
Cool doesn't mean cold
Hot doesn't mean warm
and it goes on and on......

Well, that was a nice distraction.....

All in All, I say Erika is one lovely, sweet heart of a girl.  And that is what I mean. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin