His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Thoughts

Has anybody ever tried to be perfect?  I remember when I was a little girl, I was growing up in a very black and white world where what you did wrong was bad and you were condemned.... what you did right was good and you were not condemned.  It was a very works oriented little life I had.

I remember very well telling my mother one time, "I am so proud of myself. I have not been spanked for 5 whole days! (I was about 9 at that time)  Somehow, I got a spanking that afternoon.  :/
I wish I could remember what it was for, but I can't.  I just remember the feeling of utter failure.  I had sinned yet again....

Our son Joseph, when learning his times tables came down stairs very upset one night. He had figued out that 70 x's 7 was 490, and he just KNEW he had sinned more than 490 times, therefore there was no more room for forgiveness for him!  Poor guy. LOL

The keeping of the law isn't good enough... doing good for others isn't good enough.... according to 1 Corinthian's 13, giving my body up to be burned isn't good enough... selling all I have and giving it to the poor isn't good enough... and the list goes on.  The thing is, it isn't about Law..... The Law was given as a tutor to show us that we are unable to keep it.  The Pharisees did the best and had made laws upon laws to keep it.  But Jesus cut through all that when he made it a "Heart Issue"..... yep, being perfect to the letter of the law and not the heart of the law lands you right back to our inevetible state of sinfulness.... because we ARE sinners. Every single one of us.

So, who is good enough?  The scripture in First John says, "If we say we have not sinned, then the truth is not in us!" We are liars.....  But if we CONFESS our sin, HE, our Savior, Jesus Christ,  the holy and Resurrected one, the one who spoke everything into creation, as it says in John 1- In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the word WAS God, He was in the beginning with God. Through him was everything made, and nothing was made without Him.
He, the only one who IS good enough, is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.

Because of our very nature being sinful....our very being, sinful, we are NOT in right relationship with God.  It is HIS desire that ALL come to Him.  He is EVER LOVING, EVER PATIENT, Wanting No one to be lost in sin.
Our perfection is IN CHRIST.... He is our Hope, He is our Salvation, through FAITH, not of works.
Does that mean we say we believe and go on sinning? Of course not.  In Romans 12- Paul says that we are changed by the renewing of our minds. God is at work in us, changing us little by little, step by step, and bringing us closer into His Eternal Kingdom.  The Kingdom is NOW... The kingdom isn't a die and go to heaven kingdom, though that is a promise.... but the Life we have in Christ starts HERE and NOW!
Faith and trust in our Savior is an amazing journey.....


And then, that walk of faith, will be a walk of intimate trust, of communing with Our Lord and Trusting Him to the End. He came to us as a servant, emptied himself of his Glory, and was a servant unto death.....a criminal's death.  It was the path that God had chosen, sending His son.
What an enormous picture of Love, that God, not sparing His own Son, gave him up, so that we might become Sons.....
Jesus, the perfect Lamb.... sacrificed for our sins.  Wow....


I will never be good enough..... Christ suffered in my place. He payed the penalty for my sin.
I am eternally in awe of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who NOW sits in the Heavenlies, with a name Higher than any other......
 Yes, Jesus Christ is Lord.... Our incarnate Lord, come in the Flesh, Crucified, BODILY RESURRECTED on the 3rd day and Ascended back to the Father....The 2nd Adam, who is the FIRST BORN of the New Creation, who has a GLORIFIED BODY... which I someday will have, RULES.


And I am REALLY thankful that He does.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin