His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, April 18, 2011

Alli's Tools


Mike and I couldn't decide which picture to post, so we posted both of them. :)  Our little sweetie is doing GREAT!
She is learning so much about life, and the tools she needs to get through it. :)  Today, she was thinking about her brother and sister that she no longer has contact with.... she was asking about whether she would ever see them again.
And then, she started to feel sad.  While we were talking about loss, she suddenly remembered "The Fruit of the Spirit Song" we have learned.....  She asked, "Can we sing that song now?"  Sure.

So we did.....
It goes:
"The fruit of the Spirit isn't a Watermelon"
The Fruit of the Spirit isn't a Watermelon,
so If you wanna be a watermelon, you
might has well hear it, you can't be a fruit of the
spirit, cuz the fruits are:
Love, Joy, Peace and Patience, Kindness Goodness Faithfulness
Gentleness and Self control....repeat chorus....and then,
pick another fruit and start it all over. :)

It is a fun way to memorize the Fruit of the Spirit.....

Then Alli said, "Mama, that song helps me remember to not get mad. So, if I get mad, can we sing that?"
YOU BETCHA BABY! That song is going Right into your toolbox! :)

Tonight we completed our devotional "Hinds Feet on High  Places"... part of the ending was asking about life now. What sorrows are part of your life now. What is God teaching you....etc.
As each little one shared.... Alli started with, one of her sorrows being, that she was apart from her bio siblings, and said that she was apart from her mother. I asked her, which mommy are you talking about and she said, "My mother in Russia".....
Then Anna shared that she had 2 sisters she had never met, and Erika said, she has a brother who is about 20 now, that she has never met..... Sarah, of course said, "well, I'm missing a leg!" LOL
Alli had no idea that her other siblings had siblings they had never met! This helped her greatly to see that she was not the "only one"..... She did ask, "Does God have me in the right place now, or am I leaving again?" 
I reassured her that she is here to stay.... there was a big smile and a relief that overcame her. :)
She went to bed happy. :)

She is doing AWESOME!

3 comments:

Chiara Elena said...

I LOVE kids teethless smiles I always notice that, I think is soooo cute, I noticed Sara's some time ago, and I notided Alli's. Please tell her some crazy lady in Italy love her toothless smile!

Mike and Christie said...

I do too Chiara. :) I will do that :)

Avery said...

So happy to know she is doing well!!!! You and Mike are the just the right parents for your beautiful girlies!! May the Lord continue to bless your time together as you all journey thru this together with Him.
Much joy to you,
The Whitt family

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin