His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sister Let Me Be Your Servant

"Sister Let Me Be Your Servant, let me be as Christ to you! Pray that I will have the grace to let you be my servant too!"

Sarah has been having pain in her stump area.  She told us on Saturday night that it was hurting a little.
I asked, "How long has it been hurting?"  4 days! FOUR DAYS!  Sarah hates to slow down and she knows pain means no dancing, climbing fences, running... pretty much all her favorite things to do.

I talked with Scottish Rite Hospital on Monday and she has an appt. for May 9th. That was the soonest they could get her in.  She was doing better, yesterday and danced her heart out.  Then, this a.m. same thing.
And then, when we went to start school. SEVERE Pain.
It appears the bone is growing and doing damage inside her leg.  It is now swollen and painful. My poor Sarah. :(
So, she is out of her leg, and on ice and advil.  The prosthetist said that he suspects her bone is causing tissue damage.... sounds painful to me.

It is hard to remember sometimes that Sarah has any special need or handicap.... but she does.
And, it slows her down..... but somehow, I am not sorry she is being slowed down a little.... these times can be great times for spiritual reflection, even if you are a kid. :)
So, now I need to think of some things to keep her busy.  This is going to be a long haul process, most likely needing surgery to correct it.
I just love my Sarah.
And, guess who stepped up to the plate to compassionately help her sister in need! She brought her water, coffee and milk, gave her hugs, and brought her a pillow for her leg..... way to go Alli! :)


 Anna and Alli prepared Sarah's bed, and then Anna lovingly, carried her to her room.
We all want our Sarah to Dance again.... but in a way.... Everybody IS Dancing! :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

Comment from my blog to yours... We don't qualify to adopt this year internationally. My heart bleeds for Jonah. Unless things change, we won't qualify next year either. That's our reality. So we yell, holler, beg, pray and pray some more.

Thanks for asking... love your blog!!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin