His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, December 10, 2010

We Finally Heard

This last month has been a month of ups and downs.  We were contacted about adopting a little girl through disruption.  Another child is always a good idea.  However, after a very fast roller coaster ride, we are no longer going to be bringing this little girl into our home.  It is very complicated, and I'm honestly not sure what to think......  other than, we have this homestudy.....

Up until yesterday, we had been given a hope and confidence that things were going to happen soon.
We have been practicing having a little sister in the hosue and have been discussing room arrangements etc.  We even had a Christmas Present for her, just in case she arrived.....
Last night we received a sad email that things weren't going well, and then this a.m. we received the last email.  It is over. 
I cannot share details, as it really doesn't have to do with us..... I hope everything gets worked out soon for the benefit of the adoption community at large.

My heart hurts, but we rest in our Lord. 

9 comments:

Julia said...

I'm sorry.. I truly am. But God has a child - somewhere that needs that homestudy to be complete. Wait on the Lord. He's got this!

Christine said...

I am sorry Christie. Let me know if I could do anything.

Hevel said...

I'm sorry for this repeated loss of a child you already loved as a daughter, but I do have to agree with the above: updated home studies rarely go unused.

:)De said...

I am so very sorry. I am praying for your family. I wish you all peace and comfort. You all have such hearts for the orphan and you have demonstrated the love of Jesus in so many ways. I agree with Julia... God has a plan for that homestudy.

Peace,

Diana said...

So, so sorry. :-( Those failed adoptions hurt! Praying things will work out for this child and also for your family. May you be blessed with peace as you work through the loss.

Everyone else has already said everything I would have, so I'll just ditto them and leave you with (((BIG HUG)))

Melissa E. said...

How disappointing! You are right, What a roller coaster! Now, what to do with that homestudy....
;-)
I pray for peace for your family and a positive outcome for this little girl. What a mess her life must be in right now. I can't imaging going through all this and being a pre-teen with all the accompanying hormones at the same time. Poor kid!

Annie said...

God writes straight with crooked lines. And, I am so sorry for the disappointment.

MariaG said...

I'm sorry.
Maria(Canada)

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Hugs, Christie. I'm sure God has the right child for your home somewhere . . . Praying you hear answers soon. Meanwhile, maybe the song "While I'm Waiting" from Fireproof will resonate with you. It did for us when we were in a similar situation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6X71sXagUY

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin