His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, December 27, 2010

Looking Forward to 2011!!

I don't know about you, but I am really looking forward to 2011.

I made some resolutions last year, some of which I kept, and some that I didn't keep.... but Progress is Progress! :)

This year, I have some new ones and some old ones to keep hoping for. :)

My biggest accomplishment this year was keeping my filing updated.  I am looking at some that still needs filed, but it is THIS MONTH's stuff! That is a big accomplishment for me. :)
I am already working on getting things together the way Mike wants them organized, and we will have everything ready for the accountant on TIME this year. Yea!

My biggest goals this year will be for personal improvements.  I have not been able to remain totally vegan or vegetarian.  It is HARD!  My old habits come back and I succomb.  Gluten free is no problem now, but the next step is to eat more BEANS, not more Chicken! And another step is no sugar.
What is the deal with sugar?  I have gone without for long periods of time, but wow, not lately.
That fudge was just too good! :)

My daughter in law Em's gave me two really cool cookbooks that are gluten free and vegan.
So, I am looking at ideas!
Thanks Ems. :)

So, this week, I am looking forward to an all new 2011. I love fresh starts.... last year was hard. It was the first Christmas without Dad, and then mom died in the early Spring.  So we didn't have either one of them all year, and it felt odd.  They were just gone. :(

This year, we are really looking forward to. The Lord is good and His Mercies are new every morning.

1 comment:

mommajeane said...

I am also looking forward to 2011...Paul who never gets these "feelings" has the same positive feelings about the next year. May you all have a peaceful New Year richly filled with the Lord's presence in all you do.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin