His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sarah Is Practicing

She is practicing being a big sister.  So for a few days she has been carrying around a doll that is her little sister.  This  morning, they made coffee together.  She is showing her how we live and what to do.  We have had little sister at the dinner table with us, and the breakfast table.  The only thing I won't allow is for her to be served chocolate milk or candy.  :)
But when the REAL sister gets here, that will change I'm sure.


I think she is going to make an AWESOME big sister. :)  Though, I'm not so sure it is a good idea to teach her sister to sit on the stove. :)

5 comments:

Hevel said...

Wow, Sarah will be an awesome big sister! And the stove thing will resolve itself if little sister can't jump that high.

:)De said...

Whoever comes into your family will be blessed with fantastic sisters, brothers, parents, cousins, etc...

Annie said...

I think I probably have placed my children on the stove a time or two (small kitchen, you know). They've all lived to tell about it.

Happy for you, but somehow I have missed details......

Annie said...

For some reason, when your blog loads it overlaps, so that I can't
respond to earlier posts - or even see the bottom of some of them. I hope people will tell me if mine does that, because we use a similar template.

Anyway - I am thinking of getting a cookie press....would you say that your recipe is BETTER than the "regular" one? Light and crispy sounded good! Or, do you have a recipe you recommend?

Mike and Christie said...

Annie, I'm not sure what you are describing. I do know if I click on just the newest post that is all that will show up. I would then have to click on the title of the blog to have everything show up. Is that what you mean?


The cookie recipe is a gluten free one. They have turned out well.
I had a very similar recipe that used regular flour which was also good. The only issue with gluten free is that they fall apart easily, so the smaller the cookie the better.

If you replace the flours recommended with regualr white flour, you will most likely get a good result, but I'm not sure. LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin