His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, December 6, 2010

WORDS



I was just thinking about a few things yesterday as I had a few moments of quiet time.  What was I thinking about?  The Power of Words!  The Power of the Spoken Word.

In the Gospel of John, chapter 1, starting with the very first verse is says, "In the Beginning was the WORD, and the word was with God and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God, and by Him and Through Him all things were made.  And without Him, nothing was made, that was made.

The book of John speaks the words of life to us, that Jesus Christ, the first born son, the Incarnate,  was the Creator and that He was there, and spoke into existence what was not.

WORDS are POWERFUL.

So as I was contemplating..... I began to think about My OWN words.  Do my words help to create and build up?  Or do my words tear down and destroy?
God Holds us accountable for our words.  If you were to look up "word" in a search on Crosswalk, it is amazing the scripture that pops up and what it says about our words.

Words can be used for Truth and they can be used for lies.  Words can be used to build up and they can be used to tear down.  Scripture in the book of James has much to say about the tongue and the words we speak.

As I was contemplating this, I found myself guilty in my use of words. I find my tongue guilty of speaking without being careful.  I find myself guilty of past words that I regret.

 Words spoken out in anger, can cut to the heart and scar us.  But rightly chosen words of correction
can cut to the heart and heal us.

Words that flatter, build us up with false pride, and our children know when they are being "flattered".  But words of truth, will build up to true confidence in the Lord and cause us to flourish.

God's words are always true and perfect.  I can trust that His word is TRUE.  I want my own words to reflect that of my Heavenly Father and Savior.  I want to know when to be quiet and when to speak.
I want to use my words wisely and not be foolish.  I have been foolish many times in my life.

 So, in teaching my little girls about words, I want to give them the words of LIFE!  I want them to see just how much words effect them/us!
I want them to remember rightly spoken words of life etched into their memories.

I want them to remember that their mama and daddy LOVED them, and shared God's word with them.
I want them to see as they grow up how important it is to speak our words seasoned with love.
And I want the simple words "I LOVE YOU and I FORGIVE YOU"  to be so entrenched in their hearts and minds  that they cannot separate the two.

God's message of Love to Us has everything to do with forgiveness.... you really can't have one without the other.  First Corinthians says, Love Hopes all things, endures all things, Bears all things; Love never Fails.

We can't hope, endure and bear if we don't forgive.  In Christ, I find Hope, Strength and Life so that I can forgive and  use my words without regret.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I think you're spying on me. No, I think you've planted a bug at my house. Once again, this is a very timely post. You may have thought it was written for you, but nope. It was for me. :-) Thanks again for sharing your heart.

Mike and Christie said...

Diana, you are so funny.....

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin