His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Actually a couple. :)
When our parents were living, we would go and visit them, and there were two things in the hall that would be familiar, that meant we were home.  The grand children always looked forward to seeing the clock with the lady on the swing, and the little music box that played Silent night.

When we were cleaning out our parents house, after they were gone, those two things were there, and I decided that they would be good to keep them in the family; to keep them so that more generations of little Minichs could enjoy the lady on the swing and the music box that plays silent night.

To my delight, the grand children are starting to "notice" those when they come over. We wind the clock to let the lady swing up and down, and pull the silent night string.  I hope these bring them good memories of going to Ya-Ya's and Papou's  house when they are older.

For me, they bring good memories of our parents, whom we miss terribly.

3 comments:

Hevel said...

These family heirlooms are so special. Very few of my grandparents' possessions survived the war, even with friends trying to help with safekeeping, but the things that did are very precious for all of us. These two items are just like that!

Elayne said...

Nice post Christie :) I did the same thing, took pics of the special pieces we brought home to write a blog post about and just have not done it yet :)

Mike and Christie said...

Looking forward to reading your post Elayne. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin