His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Voice of the Martyr's Prisoner Alert



The Voice of the Martyrs is an organization that I care very deeply about. The Founders, Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand were Romanian Citizens imprisoned for their Christian Faith, during the Communist Reign in Romania.

I read Richard Wurmbrand's book "Tortured For Christ", when I was 12 years old. My Sunday School teacher spoke of him, and the book, shook my world. I remember thinking about him privately, when I went to Disneyland, when I went to the beach, when I walked to school.

I didn't know that he was still alive until I was 30 years old. A friend, signed us up for The Voice of the Martyr's monthly magazine. I was so excited I could barely contain myself the first time I saw the magazine and realized how the Lord was using this one man's suffering, to relieve the suffering of so many.

One thing in his book that touched my spirit, was that he thought people in the west were praying for him while he was imprisoned, and he was so sad, when he found out, most people in the west had NO IDEA what was going on in Eastern Europe.

Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand have both died in recent years, but the organization goes on.
One of the things we are able to do is to contact Prisoners, contact authorities who hold people in prison and respectfully ask for their release, and most importantly to pray for those who are in Chains for their faith.
The Prisoner alert web site gives much information on how to do this, and I wanted to pass this along for anybody interested.
The other website, Kids of Courage, is available for kids. There are many activities, and educational materials for Children regarding those who suffer for their faith in other countries.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin