His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Can I Borrow Your Face?


I woke up and looked in the mirror this morning and thought, "Yep, you are the woman with that face!"
I was going to speak at a Women's Function on Motherhood. So as I was getting ready , Sarah was admiringly watching me.

I turned to her and said, "Sarah, can I please borrow your sweet face?"
She got this shocked look and said, NO!

I said, "Whatsa matta, you don't wanna change faces wit me?" "You can be 51 and I'll be 10!"

She said, " No mama! I really don't want your moles, and I rather like my own lips." LOL

I said, "You mean you don't want my lips????"

She said, "Mama! It isn't what is on the outside that matters, it is what is on the inside!"

Good, then give me your lips!
NO! LOL

I said, Ok..... I guess I'll just have to make do with my own face and my own lips.....
And then she said,
"I sure do love my own hair!" LOL

To which Erika said, "SARAH!"

So Sarah went out of the room and I told Erika, "Potato chips are evil!" She started laughing.
Potato chips aren't evil mama, its what you do with them!
"Like, eat them?"
Yah.!
LOL

Soooo, off I went and didn't get back until 2:30! The girls stayed with Daddy, and had a great time. When I got home, I noticed that dear Erika had taken over as "lady of the house", and had done all the laundry! She continued to fold clothes while I was home, and never even tired from the experience!
The neat thing about this is that she was helping from her heart. She was not asked to, she did it as a service to me, because she knows my shoulder has been awful for a while, and I'm having a hard time doing laundry without pain.
I gave her a huge hug and told her how proud I was of her, and then I slipped her a 5 dollar bill.
I just said, "This is for you." She didn't expect it, which made it so joyful to give to her.

2 comments:

Hevel said...

Don't you just love it when your kids are starting to house work all naturally? Like as if it was the most normal thing on the face of the earth?

I havent had to clean a bathroom in like forvere(Not that I can actually do it w/o assistance), because my eldest just loooooves playing with sponges and scrubbing powder.

Mike and Christie said...

I do I DO!!!!!

After watching "Enchanted" we played the "Happy Working Song" and all the princesses scrubbed the kitchen floor! LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin