His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, September 7, 2009

Checking In On Our Budget


I am very concerned that I am not keeping good track of expenditures. It isn't that we are being lavish, or wasteful, though I must say, we are using more toilet paper and paper towels than I'd like to see.

But I do not have a solid figure on how much we spend for groceries, toiletries and cleaning products on an average each month. I say on an average, because sometimes I purchase things that last more than a month... so I think it would be fair to test for 3 months to get an accurate picture.
I'm dedicated to finding this out.... Since it is already September 7th, I am going to start with today till October 7th. Then October 7th till November 7th, and then November 7th till December 7th.
This should be the most expensive time of year considering Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)
The only thing I will not include is medication and gas.

So here is to finding out what our TRUE budget is. :)
Anybody want to join me in this adventure???
Pretty Please???
It will keep me accountable. :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I think I'm going to join you on this one. I keep such good records of our utility bills that I could tell you how much we paid for water or electricity this time last year (or two years ago). For some reason I have no idea how much I spend on groceries every month.....but I will in the next few months!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin