His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lord's Day

It has been a wonderful Lord's Day today.
We attended our old church to visit. The girlies were happy to see their friends, and we were too.
While we were sitting in the service, I noticed a visitor that looked quite familiar. He was sitting by our Baghdad Missionary friend. I was thinking, how strange.... they are sitting there together, but I couldn't put my finger on who that guy was.
That was, until our Missionary friend got up an introduced him.
He said, "this is my Taxi driver "Dwayne Clark".
I was thinking "Dwayne Clark! that is who that is! LOL
It is really a small world.
I have not seen him in years, (maybe 15 or 16). We were not personal friends, but he visited our old church, Calvary Chapel, on a few occasions, and led our worship team, of which I was a part, in study and learning new music. We got to sing with him a couple of times.

Apparently, he is the music minister in the Church in California now, where our missionary friend attends.

Our girlies enjoyed going to Sunday School with a new teacher. She is a dedicated teacher and has taught the 5th grade for years. When they came down from their class, I asked them, "how was Sunday School?" They said Great! I asked, "who taught you today?"
They said, "I don't know but she sure was pretty and she sure was nice!
How's that for a nice compliment to a Sunday School teacher? :)

It was nice to have communion this a.m. and to partake in the word and prayer.
Have a Blessed Lord's Day.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin