His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Favorite Ed Moments


I was just thinking about some of my favorite "Ed Moments".....
Ed is our Dad. I do not consider him my father in law, just my dad. :) He is THAT wonderful of a man. He has always accepted us and been supportive of us. I could not ask for a better father.

If you have a favorite "Ed" Story, PLEASE SHARE.... in comments. :)

I remember a few years ago, Ed and Lois were visiting for Christmas. For some strange reason, I THOUGHT he had been raised on a Farm in Michigan! He wasn't.

I was planning to kill 3 roosters for Christmas Dinner. He seemed all excited about that, and so I told him, "Come on, it s time to do it. " He followed me outside and watched me do the dirty deed, and remained rather silent.
It was time to "pluck" and it was at that time I realized, this guy had never had his hands on a dead chicken before! LOL
He was sort of plucking. During that moment, I asked, "Haven't you done this before?" He said NO! I started cracking up laughing. I don't know WHY I assumed he had done this many times before.
Well, after the plucking comes the really nasty part: Pulling out the innards!
He was sitting over on the couch and I was working away on 2 birds. There was one left. I said, "If you are going to tell your friends you dressed a bird, you need to get over here and pull out he guts!"
HE DID!
It was a great memory. :)

3 comments:

MoonDog said...

if you dip the bird in boiling water(like over an open fire) the feathers come right off with a light massage no plucking necessary! I bet that was a great memory for Ed too.

Oakie Grandfather said...

I remember VERY well

Mike and Christie said...

LOL! Hi Dad. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin