His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, September 25, 2009

Our Dad


I'm up late tonight. My heart is full of love for our dad. I cannot stop thinking about him, and worrying about him. He is a most wonderful dad, and I long to hear his voice once again.
I long to hear him say, "Is that right?" He says that..... To hear his laugh, and to see his smile.

But tonight.... he isn't feeling well. He is so very tired. He is in the midst of Chemotherapy and Radiation therapy for brain cancer. Tonight, he is tired and frail, and is just not himself.

My heart is filled with compassion for our dad. I so wish that he did not have to be sick. I so wish that he was feeling strong and vibrant. I want to hear him say, "See you soon", or "How are those girls", or "What are you doin'?"
So tonight, I pray. Will you pray with me for our dad? He needs to feel the loving comfort of our Savior sweep over him and give him peaceful rest. He needs His healing touch, and soothing balm.
Love you dad......

5 comments:

Hevel said...

I know it must sound odd, but would you tell me your dad's and grandpa's first name? It's needed for a proper (jewish) prayer.

Diana said...

I can feel your heartache for you sweet dad in this post. My prayer is not only for your dad, but also for you as you work through this difficult time. It's never easy to watch someone you love suffer, especially when there's nothing you can do to ease the burden. May you BOTH find comfort, peaceful rest. and Christ's healing balm.

JJ said...

Praying, praying, praying!

Miracles happen, as you know. At his lowest point, I would have thought my uncle's chances of pulling through lymphoma and the ill effects of chemo at the age of 60, were about .01%. He has been cancer free for almost 15 years now. Woo hoo!

{{Hugs}} to you, DH, Mike's dad, and the rest of the family during this time!!!

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Our dad's name is Ed. :)

Rebecca said...

have been praying...but thanks for the reminder/update. I will pray especially for comfort and rest this evening for dear grandpa.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin