His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BIG HUGE HISTORY/Social Studies WEEK

I just love home schooling. It gives us the opportunity to dig deep into things when we are on a roll. :)

Sometimes we spend longer times in math or language arts.

This week we are going in depth with our Social Studies and History.


We have started studying what happened on September 11, 2001. Our girls were all babies at that time. So, while it is vivid in my mind, exactly where I was and what I was doing, it isn't vivid to them. We are learning about the events, and how they have since shaped our country.


Also, today, President Obama gave a speech to all school children. We tuned into it on CSpan, and the girls are writing a summary of what President Obama had to say. They are also writing their own speeches to give to the class.

What a fun week!

1 comment:

Hevel said...

It made me smile that you, a homeschooling mom watched the speech with your girls. :-)

I kinda sorta miss homeschooling my boys for the very thing of managing our own time, but I lack local language competence to do it. We compensate with "homeschooling" English and Hungarian.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin