His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Older I Get

 The Older I Get

The Less I KNOW.
The More I can see my sinfulness.
The simple things, are much more important.
The big picture is easier to see, because there is a LONG past.
The Parenting Paradigm changes
The amount of food I can eat changes....
The more I weigh...ugh
The more food snobby I have become.
The less I care about seeing a roller coaster.
The more I love my husband.
The less I care about being right.
The less I care about being perfect in a worldy sort of way.
The more I care about obedience to the Father.
The less I care about what others think.
The less I care to purchase.
The pickier I get with movies.
The more I love my jeans.
The less I want to clean.
The more I see the wisdom of a smaller home.
The more I love my children.
The more I need to learn to let go of things I cannot control.
The hope of a garden is fading.
The idea of being a seamstress is almost gone.
The more I can handle paperwork.
The fewer mirrors I have.
The More I love my Savior.


Today is my 53rd birthday. :)
Each day is precious.
Sadly, I share my birthday with the Bombing of Hiroshima.
And now, with the tragedy of 31 Navy Seals losing their lives in Afghanastan.
It is interesting how each day can hold happiness for one person and tragedy for another.
What a mysterious world we live in.

2 comments:

cate said...

Happy Birthday Christie! I hope you had a wonderful day

Holly said...

I would have to say that of all the places in the world I have been to, Hiroshima is the one that has stuck in my mind the most.
Absolutely mind-blowing.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin