His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Blessed Birthday

Thank you to my family for my special birthday blessings.
I received necklaces and earrings from various girls. They were so sweet to do that. :)
All day today they have been excited about my birthday.  MORE excited than me. LOL
Tonight we had a special sea food dinner and gluten free chocolate cake.




And then, Sarah did a birthday dance for me. :)



Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe

1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 white rice flour
1 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup butter at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup of white sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3/4  cup heavy whipping creme
3/4 cup sour cream

mix sugars, creme, sour creme, eggs, sugar and vanilla
stir in rest of ingredients.
Pour into 13x9x2 pan and bake at 350ยบ for 35 minutes
or until tester comes out clean.

Cool cake.
Make a Ganache icing with
1/4 cup butter
chocolate (about 5 oz.)
1/2 cup heavy whipping creme

heat all ingredients on stove until chocolate is melted and whipping creme
thickens.
Pour over cooled cake and refrigerate.

12 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day! :)

MariaG said...

Happy Belated Birthday! 'Hope it was a lovely one with your four Noelles and of course other loved ones.
MariaG (Canada)

Mary Grace Biggs said...

Happy-day-late-birthday, Mrs. Minich!

MariaG said...

... 'Just watched the videos (even though I should be baking!) ... and I thoroughly enjoyed Sara's dance. She is SERIOUSLY talented! She dances with such feeling and grace. 'Loved it.
MariaG (Canada)

:)De said...

Happy Birthday! Wishing you all the best!

Peace,
:)De

Jo's Corner said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Thanks for the GF cake recipe. I need to try it! Oh, and I love your yellow strainers! Hugs ~ Jo

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks everybody!

Jo- I like them too! I found them at Sam's club several years ago for a very good buy! I stood there trying to decide between Yellow or Red.... Yellow or Red..... I'm kind of glad I picked the yellow. :)

:)De said...

OK...I just came back to watch the video of Sarah dancing. Wow! That child has such a gift! So natural. Beautiful!

Chris said...

OK, Sarah is wearing a prosthetic?
I think I could figure out which leg it was...what type does she wear...she seems to have ankle movement or is she just so much more graceful with one regular leg?

I am busy checking out what is out there our son is in the market for 2 new legs. I watched Erika's slide show..gotta research your blog..how well does she walk now?

raychris@dejazzd.com

Mike and Christie said...

Sarah has a below the knee amputation. Her ankle does not bend and the foot doesn't really bend either. Just a little. She is just that graceful. :)

Erika's situation is a little complicated as she has Arthrogryposis. Because of the joint malformation, she cannot walk like Sarah. I'll send a link for her walking in the Thanksgiving 5k (run the rock) She completed a mile. It shows about how she walks now.

KC said...

Love that picture with Alli watching you cut the cake.

.:♥:. tyraelynn .:♥:. said...

Happy Late Birthday! I just have to say I LOVE watching Sarah dance! She is so graceful! It makes me miss dance... she looks so happy when she is dancing!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin