His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Progress

I wrote a few days about "Growing Pains".  I was a bit caught off guard by some of the difficulties of growing up....I SOOOOO want each of my sweeties to succeed, to be loved, to feel love, to feel accepted, to be well adjusted adults, to serve the Lord, to LOVE their family and SO MUCH MORE!

The last couple of days, and I do realize it is just a couple of days, have been so nice.  Our little sweetie has sought us out. She has loved on us, hugged us, talked to us about her dreams and ideas and it has been joyful for my heart; balm to my broken heart.

I did talk to her about what is acceptable and what is not. The H word is NEVER to be spoken.  We may be angry, or upset, but no more H word.  That was accepted and adhered to. :)

Mike and I have also been doing a lot of listening.  Listening is always a good thing. 

We have also started school, and our girls are ALL doing wonderfully. Even though some have forgotten things, one is in desperate need of math help, another reading help... .the attitudes have been FANTASTIC!  I am so pleased. :)
I love our family. :) I love that the Lord is working in our lives to conform us to His image. 
I look forward to the day when we are ALL there. :) 

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Assuming that the "h" word is "hate", We have issues with that word as well, though we haven't heard it directed so much towards people but objects or activities.

Anyway, it got to being overused for such a strong word so we asked the boys not to say it. This was fine for a very long time until one day I heard them in the backseat of the car, " I H-WORD THAT!" LOL! Leave it to kids to miss the point and find the loophole!

Of course we discussed ATTITUDE after that! Haha!

Glad to hear that your little sweetie is getting her 'groove' back. :-)

Mike and Christie said...

Yep, that is the one! We are learning to curb it period! No more H word allowed....including me. "Golly I hate it when I get behind on the laundry", will now by....."Golly I H-word when I get behind on the laundry!" Thanks guys! JK....:)

I just need to keep up!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin