His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Alli and Me

We have had some wonderful days...We REALLY Have!
Today, after school was over, the girls had to do their chores. This for some reason is a trigger for Miss Alli.
While Sarah was doing her job, Alli asked her to help her with HER job. Sarah said, "I can't, I'm doing my own job."

I heard Alli yell, "You are SO LAZY!"
Inside, I was fuming, because Sarah is NOT lazy... Alli was wanting Sarah to do her job FOR her.
So I called her in.
I let her know I was not pleased that she had called Sarah Lazy.  She raised her voice, and then I raised my voice! Before we knew it, Alli was sitting on a chair in my room waiting for me to decide what to do........

We were both angry.
After much thought, I asked her:  Alli, what can we do to make things better?  She said, "I have NO idea!"
So I said, "Well, I do!"
I need to say I 'm sorry for getting angry.
She said, "I can take deep breaths!"
I said, "Me too!"
She said, "I can do my job myself!"
I said, "I can be more patient."
She said, "I can say I'm sorry!"
I said, "Me too!"
And before we knew it, we were both laughing!

She apologized to Sarah and to me, and I apologized to her.... and it was OVER!
She asked, "Do you think I deserve to use the computer?" I told her... no...but then, I don't deserve eternal life, and God has given that to me because of His Grace! So, yes, you can use the computer....

She was so HAPPY the rest of the evening! :)
Me too. :)

2 comments:

Annie said...

You are just amazing. Therapeutic parenting does NOT come easy to me. You just have the gift!

Chris said...

Thanks for the mini-lesson/reminder

I find myself needing that kind of conversation very often.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin