His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, August 8, 2011

URGENT! Please Pray for Keri and Anya

This is directly from Keri's blog:

Beside Myself With Grief and Fear

Anya is having a blood transfusion, she lost so much blood. I cant get through to the hospital. My only contact is sporadic postings by her 2 best friends on Russian Facebook. I'm calling all her friends non-stop but thus far I cannot get thru to any of them. I am honestly losing it. I think I'm going crazy. Too much grief at once.I need prayers for her. I'm just out of the hospital myself and I'm supposed to be avoiding stress and it just keeps finding me. Pray for me too. All this, and the funeral of a beloved friend in a few days. I give up. I've prayed till I can't pray anymore. God, where are you?
Keri has tried endlessly to bring Anya home for 6 years. She has hit nothing but dead ends. Anya lives on the streets or with friends, since she aged out of the orphanage. :(
She was shot today. Please pray for my friend who is too filled with grief and worry to  pray.....
HOLD them both in your prayers.
Let's reach Heaven on their behalf.

6 comments:

dulce de leche said...

Praying right now. I am so sorry for the broken system that has kept her from being home with Keri and for the broken lives of those who shot her and the broken hearts at so much pain and grief. :(

MariaG said...

Oh NO! Yes ... will pray and the kids are off to bed in a few minutes ... we will all pray together for Keri and Anya (and Nastia and Daniel). I keep checking Keri's blog and there have been no updates. So sorry to hear that all is not well.
Thanks for posting this.
MariaG (Canada)

KC said...

Done.

Mike and Christie said...

Keri was able to get more info. Apparently a crazy man shot her at a convenience store. She has a shattered ankle and a hole in her thigh the size of a silver dollar. :(
HOWEVER, it appears she was able to be in contact with Anya! YEA! Keep the prayers coming. I pray she can get her to the U.S.of A!

FaerieMama said...

Thank you Christie! Things are looking very hopeful for an emergency medical parole!

Mike and Christie said...

Hi Keri, I am beside myself with joy over the possibility of her coming home FINALLY!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin