His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, August 12, 2011

Science Experiment

Here is our first science experiment for the year.
Peel two apples. Place one in a bowl that is high enough to cover the sides, so the apple doesn't stick out over the top.  In the other bowl, place the apple and cover it with a mixture of 1 1/2 cups baking soda and 2/3 cup of salt.  Make sure the apple is covered.  In one week...... see the results.  We are looking back at how Egyptians mummified things.
It got me to thinking.   We haven't had any beef jerky in a while...... so we decided to make some.  You may ask, how it is related?  Well, the salting drying process is similar.  When you dehydrate the meat, it no longer spoils or needs refrigeration. And this experiment, we get to eat! :)

Picture coming soon! It is marinating. :)

1 comment:

Difference2This1 said...

Cool! You did the experiment! The worst part..the cleanup aftera a week. Yuck.

We did the edible cells the other day...divided the jello into four bowls so each could stick their own "organelles" into their own cells. I threw various bits of candy/sprinkles out and they used their imagination on what looked like each part. Turned out pretty good!

We are taking a break from school until small boys start their school in a couple of weeks; but the girls wanted to keep on studying science anyway because it's "so fun". So, we're on to the bones this coming week!

Blessings, Jennifer

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin