His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Zoo Trip 2011

We love the Dallas Zoo..... I am used to taking Katie and Lilly Bean, but this year, they are in NM, so we missed being with them this time. I'm sure there will be a next time.

HOWEVER.... We are thrilled that Alli could go for the very FIRST time! :)  We took the train  to the zoo and that was an experience for everybody. We love taking the train.

The last time we were at the zoo, we really wanted to eat where the Lions were, but it was way too crowded. Going on a Thursday payed off!  We got  to sit right by the Lion window. The girls had so much fun watching them sun bathe.
Alli thought it was terrible to eat in front of lions. She thought they might be hungry and wondered where all their food was. LOL

Overall, we had a great time together, and now Alli is a Dallas Zoo Fan, like the rest of us. :)

And here is the famous video of Lillian 3 years ago on the zoo carousel.  I still love watching her little face change from joy to uncertainty in seconds. LOL

3 comments:

Mary Grace Biggs said...

Awsome! I love the train!... As long as there are not drunk men... Like last time I went on the dart train... :P

Mary Grace Biggs said...

PS-
Ohhh! I love birds landing! Last time I went there Christy and Coco (the black birds forgot what kind of birds they where) where CRAZY about my black jacket and tried going in my jacket! Can you tell which on is Coco? Coco USED to have a little brown on her beak from youngness but she's gotten older so... I'm not going to be able to tell which ones Coco and Christy!

Mike and Christie said...

Mary Grace, I think it was coco that was trying to get into my purse!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin