His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How Deep The Father's Love For Us

How vast, beyond all measure.... that He would send His only son, and make a wretch His treasure.....

Oh these words pierce my heart. I am that wretch.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch, like me!

Yep, there I am again.

Yet, I am an adopted child of the most HIGH God.  Not because of my deserving nature; not because of what I do; not because of who I am.... but because HE chose me to be, from the foundation of the earth.

These words, Mike and I have been pondering in light of adoption.
Our children are ours and they are loved.... not because they are perfect, not because they are talented, not because they are beautiful.... not because they give us anything in return or make us feel good about ourselves.    Our children are loved, because we have chosen to love them..... God has chosen us to love them and pour ourselves into them.  He has chosen us as instruments in His hands to bring forth healing into their lives.  And in the process, He is working on US!

There is something about adoption that brings about  the realization of just how broken we all are, in light of our great and mighty God....He is Perfect. We are imperfect.  He has perfect love. We have imperfect love.   He sees us in light of eternity.... we see ourselves in light of now.
He guides and teaches us, and in turn, we guide and teach our children.

His Love is not conditional. It is not based upon what we do and our love for our children is not conditional.... it is not based upon their performance.

All this frees each of us in a unique way, to love completely, and be loved completely.
He Fulfills all things, and makes ALL things Beautiful, IN HIS TIME. :)
Evan..... a wretch like me.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin