His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, June 9, 2011

This Morning

 She is so cute.  She has recently struggled with being a little embarrassed about her leg and has wanted to wear her prosthetic in the lake.  It makes me nervous, because if she does, it would be very hard to find if she were to lose it. 
Also, I wanted to encourage her to not be embarrassed!  She has nothing to be embarrassed about.... I love her little leg. :)
Yesterday, she surprised me! She took it right off and hopped into the water. 
Then, this a.m., she sat down and said, "You know mama, I have lots of things to be thankful for, including my prosthetic leg!"  I said, "Well tell me!"
She said,
"Well, when I fall, it doesn't hurt. I slammed it into the door and it didn't hurt.  A bike fell on my leg and it didn't hurt!  LOL


 It is Erika's week for kitchen duty.  However, Anna decided she would help, to Erika's shock. LOL
I love lake days.... everybody wants to pitch in and help so we can head to the lake to swim. 
 And then, there is sleeping beauty..... life is going on, and she is still asleep. :)
The big question is:  Where did the sheets go?????   (they are laying next to the bed for some reason)...
I think Alli and Sarah need a new lesson on how to make sheets stay on a bed!

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin