His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A GIANT Step!

These three little darlings just left for their first walk ALONE to Walmart......It is about a mile walk 1 way.  They are going to get an ice cream, or soda, and then after sitting and visiting, like ladies, they are going to come home.  Anna has my cell phone.  They are SOOOOOO excited! 

And they are growing up!  I believe each of them have proven themselves trustworthy and they will do just fine.....
Where is Erika?  She really cannot walk that far safely.... so she is going to enjoy a soda at home, and spend some alone time with Mama.
Erika wasn't thrilled that she could not go. but this is one of those difficult decisions. I do not think it is safe for her to walk a mile on country roads with no sidewalks.  The girls can easily walk in a ditch... Erika cannot. 
This is how life is sometimes. When Tim was little, I did not apologize or feel sorry for him when his brothers could do some things he couldn't.  It is life. And it is the reality of having a severe disability.
HOWEVER, things get worked out..... Erika goes to Camp soon.  And Anna and Alli will not be going. They are blessed with all their limbs.  :)
I don't apologize to them either.  :)
Sometimes...... being a mom is just hard, having to make decisions.
So today, we CELEBRATE the first adventure of I'm sure MANY..... of girls going shopping. :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

This brought back a memory for me. When I was twelve on the last day of seventh grade I walked home from junior high. It had always SEEMED like SO FAR - so much so that I really endured a year of anxiety because I felt so far from home. That day, all by myself, I walked what was probably three miles, and felt SO proud of myself!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin