His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, June 9, 2011

This Old Quilt

Over a year ago, we purchased this quilt at an adoption garage sale, for another Reece's Rainbow child. When I bought it, I thought it would be cool to send it all around the country, through personal auction to help others bring their kids home.
I haven't thought of how to do it until now.....


This old quilt is old. It is very similar to one my gramma made in the 1930's..  It has some very worn areas, but if you love antiques like I do... that just means it has been well loved. :)  This is it on my queen sized bed. It is a little small for a queen, but would fit  quite well on a double or on a quilt display rack. That is usually where I keep it.

So, Katya NEEDS to come home, and her family is desperately trying to raise the funds for their final trip back to get her.
I would like to hold a silent auction for the Deucks, so they can go back and get Katya without debt.
Just email me privately with any amount above 50 dollars.  I will close the silent auction on Monday and the quilt will go to the highest bidder.

I love this adoption quilt. :)
I pray that it continues to go around the country and serve in silence and warmth. :)

You can also go to Hope Anne's blog: , and donate on her side bar.  They need around 8,000 more dollars. They have 740 the last time I checked.
my email address is in my profile. :)
Here are some more pictures of the wear areas: You really can't tell unless you are up close.



1 comment:

Annie said...

I'd have a hard time parting with it!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin