His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Short Wearing Days are Over

I put on a pair of cutoffs today..... the girls were looking at me and then started the commnets:  "Mom you have strange knee caps.... you have  a bruise..... those shorts are kind of old fashioned......
I looked in the mirror and they were right.
So, I'm in my favorite jeans.  It will be hot, but I won't look like the white legged lady with a bruise and bad knee caps. :)

No picture is necessary. :)

5 comments:

Coffee Crazed said...

We can start a club! "The white-legged ladies with the bruised legs (where did they come from?!) and bad knee caps!" Of course, I will carry extra sunglasses for all those poor ppl I will blind by my ghostly pale white chicken-skinned looking legs. Old age does have its down-fall....this is one of them. Not to mention the veins....oh my gravy bowl!
xoxo
Casey

Hevel said...

Just get a tan on those legs. even knee caps that are odd look better with a tan. :) It only takes two afternoons.

Annie said...

I gave up when my husband and kids said they didn't want to walk behind me, because looking at my veins made them hurt. Oh, well.

Rebecca said...

LOL Kids can be brutal. You look great, Mom! The sad news is that I've already reached that point at 30 years old. I don't own shorts anymore thanks to my veins. So at least you got a few more years. :)

Mike and Christie said...

I went to the lake in shorts yesterday.... planning for today too. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin