His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 22, 2010

Well It Isn't Happening

We just got word.  We will not be moving forward for THIS child.  We are sad, but rest in the Lord.

8 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

Just so everybody knows. This was a potential adoption because of a disruption.
The little girl was from Russia.
We felt that we could parent her... the decision came because of a complication with an agency. (not ours)
Adoption disruption sometimes seems like the wild west. There are no clearly determined lines.

Diana said...

I'm so sorry, Christie. Just remember that things happen the way they do for a reason. The Lord never closes a door, though, but what He opens a window.
Proverbs 3:5-6.

Thank you also for sharing your scripture from Corinthians. It was exactly the reminder I needed today.

Hevel said...

I'm sorry that this has happened. However, there is a season for everything under heaven. Who knows why HaShem wants you to be paperwork ready!

And yes, disruption is like the wild west.

Julia said...

I'm sorry....

Jen Stevens said...

Sometimes it is just a test of being ready when God calls you. Praying for your hearts today.

Autumn said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, I can imagine what a disappointment that must be. But I am so super confident that there are more plans yet for your family and adoption. You guys are such a great family I know you will continue to have an impact on kids that need your love! I can't wait to hear what God has in store for you next! (Like maybe Victoria with AMC from RR ;) LOL.
Tell the girlies I am praying for you all and they have awesome hearts for wanting to have another sibling. Can't wait to hear more from you soon.

Christine said...

Sorry Christie. I know how special this daughter would have felt. Blessings.

MariaG said...

Sorry it did not work out. MariaG (Canada)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin