His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Counting Our Blessings


 Since it is so close to Thanksgiving, I just wanted to share the blessings in my life.
We have the most awesome friends and family. I have never seen people pull together like they have over this past week. 

We have had people praying for us from coast to coast, an AWESOME social worker to worked feverishly over the weekend to actually FINISH our home study  in record time!  (and now we are waiting to hear any news!)
Even the FBI got involved.  We are both FBI approved after just 5 days! :) 

Our children, Tim and Emily will be going to court on Saturday, National Adoption Day, to finalize the adoption of our 2 grandsons, Joey and Christopher.
Our friend will also be adopting a young man (15 year old) who is the former foster son of Tim and Em.  WOW!  Isn't that just the coolest!

The Lord has been so good to us this year.  Last year at this time my shoulder was frozen. I was in such terrible pain I could barely stand it.  We thought I had a torn rotator cuff, and it turned out to be my brain. :)  The shoulder was frozen, but the nerve pain was over the top and Christmas and Thanksgiving last year are just a blurr. 

This year, I can move my arm over my head and I am doing so well! 
God has been faithful!

The girlies are doing so well in their studies and they are so excited about our upcoming events.
I love it that Sarah blogged about her favorite Christmas things.  She loves the Christmas music. :)

I am also so very thankful for the bloggy support from all over. Some of you I have met on the phone, and one person IN person, and other than that, it is just bloggy world support. :) 
You all mean a great deal to me.  Thank you for sharing your hearts, and inviting folks to read.
It really blesses us to be a part of your lives and to have you to be a a part of our lives.

I am so thankful for our Church family.  They are so awesome. We have been told "just ask, anything we can do to help, we will!"  They have supported us in prayer and we have felt their prayers.
They are amazing AND just 4 minutes away! :)

Our neighbors also are so neat. They have just been such a blessing.   We are truly blessed.

We are so ready to share good news! But we are doing the DORI swim thing...... "just keep waiting, just keep waiting, just keep waiting"..... our social worker told me to laugh a lot and bake some gluten free cookies. :)
Love that lady.

What are you Thankful for?

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh, the suspense is killing me!! Know that you have prayers coming from Wyoming as well. I'm so bummed you don't have facebook anymore cause now I can't message you! :) What am I going to do when I have a bclc question? or if I want to know if you're considering a child from RR? ;) So happy for you and as always, love hearing about the family and the girlies. Hope to hear more from you SOON!

:)De said...

I am so thankful that you allow us to share in your life. I am often encouraged and challenged after reading your post.

Peace

Christine said...

What a wonderful post. Your family is doing amazing things-- I am so happy to hear how they too are adopting.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin