His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Adoption Awareness Part 2


 As you know, November is Adoption Awareness Month.  I blogged about it here already
Reece's Rainbow, a group that helps find homes for special needs kids, has started an Angel Tree Project to help with the adoption costs for families interested in bringing home a little one.

Because of many simple donations from every day people, there are two families I know of, who have either brought home, or are going to bring home a very special child.

As Julia pointed out on her blog, many of the pictures of these kids aren't the best.  In fact, the only picture we saw of Erika was a 9 month old screaming baby!  Not very flattering! LOL

These children are in GREAT need. Many will die if they do not find homes.  Many will literally be left to rot. That was the bleak future of 2 of our girls, had the Lord not intervened in their lives and ours to bring us together.  I still feel like I am living an incredible dream! May I never wake up!

God Bless you, as you help to bring a child home either through Donation or through Adoption.

You can honor somebody's birthday by giving! You can honor somebody at Christmas by giving..... after all, who REALLY needs another pair of gloves or slippers or another cup for coffee?
Those simple amounts of 5 dollars or 10 dollars make a HUGE difference when added up.
It may be the difference between life or death for some of these kids.

Unfortunately Adoption is EXPENSIVE.  It shouldn't be, but it is, and many times, it is the WALL between children and parents becoming families.  I know for us, it made all the difference in the world.
And for Erika, it meant life.

2 comments:

Chiara Elena said...

Erika was soo tiny in this pic! She changed so much since then!

Mike and Christie said...

Oh I know! She was so helpless. :(
She weighed about 45 lbs. She has DOUBLED her size in 4 years. LOL
She was just a little flower needing to blossom. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin