His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 22, 2010

LOVE


It is so good to have the scripture wash over my heart.  This morning, our devotions were so fitting.
As we prepare for what is to happen in our family, it was so fitting to have this devotion be the one assigned for this day.  It always amazes me how God's perfection is woven into our simplest details of daily life.

Here is what we read today:  We are using the New Living Translation for our daily devotions.

1 If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal.
 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. 
 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. 6 It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 8 Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear. 9 Now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little! 10 But when the end comes, these special gifts will all disappear. 11 It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.
 13 There are three things that will endure -- faith, hope, and love -- and the greatest of these is love.

Verses 4 through 7 were especially concentrated on today, as we prepare for new territory.
It is so true that LOVE is a selfless act, a choice, a decision, a VERB.  God is the perfect description of Love.  We do not deserve his love, yet, He loves us.
We can do nothing to earn this type of love.  Love is a perfect gift, wrapped up in grace and mercy and clothed in joyful and pure thought and intent.  LOVE NEVER FAILS.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Finally found your comment button - I have not been able to find it on your blog!! Silly me! I have enjoyed your humorous posts!! Can't wait to get full details of your news that you keep hinting at but REFUSE TO GIVE FULL DISCLOSURE!! Can't wait to hear more....

Mike and Christie said...

Just as soon as I am at liberty, I'll shout it from the housetops! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin