His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 22, 2010

God's Heart Created Adoption

I was thinking ALOT lately about the subject of Adoption. :)   As I was driving alone to think and clear my mind, the thought came to me, "We are ALL adopted", as believers in Christ.  We ALL have sonship, we are "joint heirs" through Jesus Christ.   GOD KNOWS and CREATED adoption!  And, GOD does NOT disrupt us.  He will not abandon us. He will NOT leave us as orphans!   

And how do WE feel?  Many times, we feel unworthy, we return to our trespasses and sin, we fail, we cry, we fight, we accuse, we act like we have Reactive Attachment Disorder, against God!  Yet, God faithfully loves us; He completely loves us, he does not waver, he does not budge, he does not REACT to our Reactions..... He waits, patiently and kindly and His kindness brings us to repentence, yet again and again. 

As an adoptive parent, I can look to God, and how kind and patient He is with me, and in turn, understand and know how I am to be with my children.  I can also, as an adoptee,  know how unworthy I feel.  I can know that  lowliness, and rejection.    I can know that I am secure in Christ.
I can know that He Holds me in His hands and will NEVER leave me or forsake me.

Oh, that I can reflect that truth to my children.  

1 comment:

Annie said...

I've been thinking a lot about this myself lately. The parallels are really quite amazng.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin