His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In Honor of Dabba

This is Leesia.

Our mom turned 90 yesterday!!!!!  WOW! Isn't that great!  She has been a huge advocate for adoption, for caring for the poor, widowed and orphaned for most of her life.  On a nurses salary, after her husband had died in a tragic accident, she raised her 6 children, and also managed to donate nearly all of her money to Charity.  She even went over and lived in Israel after she retired and worked in a Special Needs Orphanage.  She has supported countless children through World Vision International and even helped start an orphanage for Special Needs boys in India.  She collected food and medicine to send to Africa.

She has LIVED James 1:27.  I love her so very much, and am sad that we are separated by such a long distance, but there is not a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord for her being in my life.

In her honor, we have donated to Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree Project.  And now, one more little girl, Leesia, will have support, and possibly find a family.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin