His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 1, 2010

Sometimes The Boom Has To Be Lowered

I was pretty sad tonight when Sarah and Erika decided to keep goofing off in bed.  They were teasing each other and laughing and having a good time.  I gave the warning blow..... "Please be quiet and go to sleep!"  Five minutes later, they were back at it.....

So, I sent Erika to the guest room to sleep.  (Anna is supposed to be sleeping in there, but she misses her sisters, and sleeps in the other room)

Then, I hear these loud sobs coming from Sarah.   "Sarah, did I not tell you to go to sleep quietly?"
"YES"!  But I CAN'T SLEEP BY MYSELF!!!! Sob Sob.....
I NEED ERIKA!!!!

"Well you should have thought of that before you disobeyed!"
"I KNOW!" sob sob.....

Poor baby.....
I was nearly ready to bring Erika back in the room and then I heard......."NOTHING!"
SILENCE!!!!!!

They are all asleep. :)



I think they finally used all their words for the day. :)
I just love those little girlies. :)

3 comments:

FaerieMama said...

Christie, I must be really sensitive today, bc this post made me CRY!

Mike and Christie said...

Keri,
Living in Siberia and visiting orphanages I could TOTALLY understand!

They woke up happy this a.m.

It is always a judgment call when walking the fine line of boom lowering. We typically don't have to, but last night was one of those nights.

My guess is, tonight, they will talk quietly, and go to sleep.

There is no way I would have separated them if they were not secure.

Annie said...

One of Zhenya's memories of being in the orphanage was that he and a friend were goofing off when they needed to be quiet - just like this. The "mama" made them both come out and stand on the rug in front of her. Silent, of course. They got cold and tired, but they still had to stand there.... I guess it seemed like forever. By the time they were released being nice and quiet in their little beds sounded mighty good. I always thought it was a neat little punishment, i.e. "Oh! You want to be up? Well, then you can be up, but I have to watch you."

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin