His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 1, 2010

Our Time Line

 We made our Timeline today.  I have been wanting to do this, and today we got the gumption. :)
I love the idea of a visible time line, so when you study History, Art, Music, Science, Exploration, or any subject really, you can put a picture in your mind of where that occurred in History.

We plan to fill our time line with information over the next year as we study our lessons.
The girlies had a good time decorating the Time Periods. We didn't have room for a modern days one, but we'll get there.... it isn't that important right now, as we are not studying modern days. :)

Forgive the mess..... If you double click on the pictures, you can see the time line above the themes.
That is where we will be putting stickers, dates, events etc.

I hope to have it decorated with all sorts of things we have studied.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I've always wanted to do that, too! Just around the house, it would be neat...as topics arise.

Hevel said...

I love "Creation to Babel or pre-history"!

I always wondered how you'd handle those few million years that you might not believe even existed!

Mike and Christie said...

I present all views, but under the idea that God did it all. There is no way for me to know if it was 6,000 years, or billions of years, as I was not there. There are Christians that are "New earth, and Old earth"...

We start with creation as written, and I do believe God spoke it into existence and was pleased. The big question is, what is 1 day? 24 hours or longer?

Personally, I don't find it really all that important. We have evidences of dinosaurs... even living during the time of Job!
(which is the oldest book in the bible) right?

I will teach, the Eternally existent God, spoke creation into existence... the creator God, took great delight in His creation,making Man in his image and setting him above all of the animals, and then he rested.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin