His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, November 12, 2010

My Giant

UGH.....  I don't know if anybody else is like me and has a GIANT in their way..... but I have this terrible fear of dealing with financial things.  I HATE it.  Yet, God continually places me in position to FACE my fears and trust him.

I have a son who is an accountant. I do not understand how he could look forward to going to work every day dealing with finances, but he does and loves it.

There are always these deadlines, and then balancing things, and making sure everything gets to where it is supposed to go on time, and then interest rates and what is owed, and savings, and retirement,  and insurance, and budgeting, and it goes on and on.....
Then, there is checking of the bills to make sure they are correct and the online stuff to make sure it is correct and before I know it, I can't think. 

The weird thing is I KNOW a good deal about HOW to manage things, but I am not a good manager.
I guess that means I am also not a good steward.  Yikes, that makes me sad.  

It seems that by my AGE, I should have a good handle on this stuff, or at least not want to run and hide from it; but I don't.  But why, when I am making a simple phone call to find out something simple like a balance on a mortgage do I feel like I'm in the Principal's office.... and I've never been sent to the principal's office! LOL

So I'm not waiting for the New Year to make yet another resolution..... I'm going to start today.
Mike has wanted me to use a certain system which seems so daunting to me.  He told me the other day, if I would just DO it, I will see that it will make my tasks much easier.  He is probably right.
NO! He IS right.  So, here I go, facing a Giant in my life. I know the Lord will help me and my sweet husband has offered to help me too.  I know he needs me to manage this area better.  He manages the business side of things..... So, here I go...... GIANT BE GONE! :)

2 comments:

Annie said...

You are vastly better at it all than I am, because I tend to do it all by intuition. Then, paying bills, I often find myself writing the checks and going through it all faster and faster - finally I realized that I am going fast so I can get it done before the money runs out.

Make you feel better?

Jodie said...

I would rather take care of goats! However, there is accounting even with that! ha! ha!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin