His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 1, 2010

November is Adoption Awareness Month

There are thousands of Children who are in Foster Care in Texas alone, who are also available for adoption!  There are over hundreds of thousands of orphans world wide.   Each of them have a name, a story, a life to live.

Many of us sit in our homes, filled with rooms of unused furniture, unstained carpets and silence.
Why do we do that?

Our lives are not our own. They belong to God, if we will let Him lead.

Nobody ever said adoption was easy.  It is exciting and challenging and life changing. 
Adoption makes us very aware of our own sinfulness and selfishness, and in the process
allows us to truly open ourselves before the Lord to change our stone filled hearts.

Adoption awareness month should also remind us of our OWN adoption in Christ. We are adopted sons and daughters of the Most High!  What an awesome thing to own.  We can call the creator of the Universe, the one who hung the moon and stars and knows every part of us.... Abba, or Daddy.

Happy Adoption Awareness Month

2 comments:

Annie said...

I wish I could write one of these...but you and Keri have done such beautiful posts, I can't begin to try....

Mike and Christie said...

Oh please do! I love reading your posts.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin