His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, September 27, 2010

When The New Baby Comes Home

Then what? :)

I remember clearly when each of our children came home.   But there was one instance I remember so very well, that took place over a period of several weeks.

When our youngest son Marcus was born, we had a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a one year old.
Marcus was a preemie too, so he had to stay at the hospital. 

Our son Joseph, who's new son was born today, was 17 months old when Marcus came home.
The thing is, when we brought the baby home, he looked at him with a shocked look. It wasn't one of admiration. It was one of betrayal!  He looked at us like we had gone to Walmart and picked out a new baby..... So, needless to say, Marcus had two brothers that loved him, and 1 that didn't care for him too much.  Of course that was to change relatively soon after Marcus got more interesting. LOL

Well, Joe's first weeks of having been usurped by baby brother Marcus were interesting.
He for some reason knew he couldn't HURT the baby.... that would have been way too bad.
But, nobody said he couldn't make his protest known.  So every morning... and I mean EVERY morning, he would peer into the crib when I had removed the baby for his bath. He would follow me to the bathing area, and then disappear. I would hear a loud boom, and then, know that Joseph had once again tipped the crib over. (It was a porta crib, we didn't have a full sized crib)

He was so young, it was hard to explain to him that he couldn't do it, even tough I tried to.
Every morning, same thing. Boom, crib toppled over.

I was at a loss.  I decided to catch him in the act, so I removed the baby, and then put him on my bed. Then I hid in the closet with my camera.  Mr. Joe came toddling into the room and peered into the crib. NO baby!  Ha!  He climbed up and rocked until the crib fell over.... but to his surprise, Mommy was in the closet.... I  said, "Joey! and took his picture!"  He had a shocked look on his face. I then picked him up and said, "no-no, don't knock the crib over." 

I don't know why that worked, but it did. He didn't do it again.  I guess he made peace with his baby brother. They really did become best friends. :)

I can't wait to see Sam's face. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin