His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Family Life.....

We never had to deal with naked dolls when we had boys. We didn't do barbie dolls all these years, and figured we would get past them, but we didn't. We used the "Happy Family" dolls but they really are too childish now, yet the girls are still doll players.
They presented the question so nicely.... "Mommy and Daddy, If we make DECENT outfits for our dolls, can we have barbies?" We made concession. They have held up their end of the bargain, and made all sorts of wonderful clothes to keep the girls covered. And then.... I walk into the bathroom to see this! ACK!!!!! "Mommy, of course they can't take baths with their clothes on! We are drying them off! :)

Sarah decided to be a "stray animal caretaker" before school today. I thought about spraying endust on the bottoms of each animal, and my job would have been done! :)

Sarah's bestest friend Sarah called today. Those two are real chatter boxes. They made up this new way to hang up, because neither can say good bye. So, when they have to go, they count 1, 2, 3 and then, click. :)

5 comments:

Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

Sometimes your posts have ne in tears. Today, the Barbie pic cracked me up! Thanks for posting!
Hope to get to meet you all sometime at TSRHC or camp!
-Katie

Mike and Christie said...

Katie, thanks for visiting. :) We'd love to meet up with you. How long are you going to be in town. We are about an hour from TSRHC....
The girls love seeing the baby and Will. (we have a 3 year old grandson named Will too)
You can find my email in my profile.
If you want, maybe we can meet for lunch at the hospital? Or better yet, somewhere nearby. :)

mommajeane said...

I loved the Barbie post too and the dog walking one :) Gave me lots of laughs today :)

Hevel said...

I have two human mops.:)

Muddled Muse said...

The 123 click is how I have to hang up with my sisters, sometimes. :) It works!!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin