His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, September 6, 2010

"Get Me An Egg!"


It didn't work. We do not demand for our breakfast. Saying things in a kind way will always get you an egg, as long as we have one. :)

Soooo, after an explanation of what a kind way to ask for something is, she said, "I don't need an egg."

So, daddy and I continued our morning coffee and conversation. I made him and egg, and me an egg and we had cheerful conversation. I asked our daughter once again, "are you sure you don't want an egg?" "No. Not if I have to say please."

Ok, just letting you know that the kitchen will be closed at 10:00 a.m. after that, you'll need to wait until lunch. Just so you know. :)

9:57---"Mama, would you please make an egg for me?" In the nicest voice. :)

Why sure!

10:00- kitchen closed, everybody fed. :)

2 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

There will be a part two to this post, but it hasn't taken place yet. :)
I was asked privately about what we do about disrespect. Which is what happened this a.m.

Since this a.m. our daughter has been a happy camper and rather remorseful.
But I will address the disrespect issue in another post. :)

:)De said...

hmmmm

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin