His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, September 20, 2010

Adoption and "The New Colossus"



We are studying poetry and Mike came across this old poem. I had not heard it for awhile. It describes the Statue of Liberty and what she represents. This poem is written on a plaque under the statue. :)

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Emma Lazarus, 1883

I never thought of this poem in light of Adoption.... until, well, now. :)
"Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore."
These are the Orphans of many lands. Our precious gifts were viewed as the throwaways of society, the locked up, dying to get out and breathe the fresh air of freedom.
They are the homeless, the tempest-tossed, the lost children.....






Many of them have crossed oceans, suffered hardship and lived in conditions you or I cringe at. THEY are NO LONGER LOST!
They ARE AMERICANS! Our Americans! FREE AND BRAVE!
And Here are OUR 3 little Americans:




Would you consider opening your heart and home to one of these?
James 1:27

3 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

I just love that little water fountain head picture. :)

Christine said...

Love the pictures of your girls. :)

Hevel said...

How odd... the last two days about 9 people asked us if we were going to start another adoption... and I think there is a pretty good chance that we will. While our possible future kids will not necessarily be Americans, they will not be orphans any more either.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin