His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricanes and Parties Don't Mix

It was our intention to head out to Oklahoma tomorrow afternoon and spend a quick day with our relatives to celebrate Mike's parents 50th wedding anniversary.

But it appears those plans will not take place due to a Hurricane named "Ike".
It appears we are in the direct path for this storm and it has plans to go all the way through Oklahoma as well.

We need to come back to Church for Sunday before leaving for our trip to Ukraine on Tuesday, and that would cause us to have to drive BACK to Texas while the, then tropical storm will be headed the other way. Not a good mix for late night driving.

So, unfortunately, they will have to celebrate without us.

There will be other times to be together, and we do cherish those times.
It just couldn't be this time. :(

3 comments:

mommajeane said...

I was wondering if the hurricane was going to affect you guys... also I was wondering when you were leaving... I had to cancel a trip to visit an aunt because of last weeks hurricane. Happy b-day to Mike and I will be praying for your trip to Ukraine.

Mike and Christie said...

Hey Jeane,

We are expecting a category one strength in Dallas sometime Saturday afternoon, according to weather underground. They are pretty reliable.

We are leaving for Ukraine on Tuesday afternoon, so hopefully, all will be well. :)

The Noelles said...

Well mom and dad are gone. At least we are OK.


SARAH

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin