His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, September 28, 2008

We are HOME mostly!

Learning a new song at the TB Sanitarium
video


We are home and so glad to be here. We will be quite happy when our luggage joins us.:)
Apparently it didn't make it on the plane change in Amsterdam, but the good news is they plan to deliver!

That is REALLY good news, since this a.m. we went to take Becca to the Airport and when I got there I had a flat tire. Soooo, I had to call poor jet lagged Mike and get him to come and rescue me and Erika. He showed up with a happy attitude and 2 sleepy girlies that were fairly decently dressed, so we decided to head to church after changing the tire. We were late but made it to 2nd service. Bob was GREAT today, as my jet lagged body stayed awake during the sermon. :)

As soon as I feel more normal, I'll post some pictures and video. We really had a blessed time and so much happened. Right now all I can think about is how thankful I am that I don't have to shoe horn my body into the metro every day to go somewhere.
I honestly didn't know what really crowded was until the metro pulled up and I was thinking, "this one is full, we'll have to wait for the next one, only to be pushed in by the crowd behind and holding on to perfect strangers for dear life. Then, the "take off" like a bullet out of a shot gun and the sudden stops reminded me of why the girlies would not have been able to live and walk the streets in Ukraine, and it made me feel for the elderly and those who are less fortunate.

It was also great to see a smiling face when we arrived at the airport. We are blessed in America and don't realize HOW blessed we truly are. While we our nation is in flux and has its positives and negatives, one of the positives is the influence of Christianity, that effects MANY areas of life that we do not even understand.

Well, this jet lagged, body needs to get some much needed rest, and I must say before I go, THANKYOU ALL for your wonderful prayer support. We could sense your prayers and we KNOW that the Lord did some awesome things. We so much appreciate the day in and day out work that Papa Dima does every moment he can, and to God be the Glory.

good night... or day, or ..... see you next Thursday. :)


I'll sign off with this photo of a Praying Mantis, I thought he was a really cool guy!

1 comment:

Melissa E. said...

Wow! Thank you for the email and delivery and detective work! I didn't know that Steve had contacted you. Did he send you pictures of the boys to show? I know they were so excited to show me pictures of some of their girls who had come to America and that they were so proud of the girls.

We want to know EVERYTHING! Thank you for being sensitive about that but, like you said, adoption stories are puzzles and different people hold the pieces!

I am sure Steve will email you too. We aren't very good at coordinating our emailings. ;-) When you get time to post the pictures, I am curious who this Natalie is, I think I know but we aren't very sure on care-givers names. The boys have never asked for anyone specifically that we know of.
Max, when asked, did say that he missed his group mother from the school. I am sure that if we could have asked, Misha or Vitali would have missed some of their caretakers.

Thanks so much, Christie. I would love to go with you sometime and if that doesn't work out, I am pretty sure at least Steve will go!

I am posting this here because I can GET but not SEND email at this point. Gotta get that fixed! :-)

Sleep tight and hug on your girlies. Welcome home!
Melissa Eimers

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin