His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, September 29, 2008

We Are ALL Home Now

Last night at about 11:00 our luggage arrived safely at the front door courtesy of KLM-NW Airlines. THANKYOU. :)

The girlies were quite excited about opening that bag, because inside they just knew we had brought them a gift. :)

I went to the post office today to collect the mail. That is the worst part of getting back from somewhere. All that MAIL! Ok, I guess laundry is worse, but it is next to worse.

I saw this note and I assume it was for Dear Becca:

It read as the following:

Dear Mam,
I heard you weren't feeling well. Is that true? If it is, then I have a good idea. You need to take medisane each day. And you need to have a rub on your back, feet, hands and face. I know it sounds crazzy, but it feels good!
Love,
A Friend who can help you......

I'd say Becca was in good hands with the author, whoever it was. :)

5 comments:

The Noelles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Noelles said...

Mom did you see that in the post office? I HOPE NOT!
sarah

Melissa E. said...

Hmmm.... I think the author has a pretty distinct writing style! Heehee!



(Thanks for the info, Christie. It was a new part of the story for us although we had heard it sort of already. I think that our well-meaning translator-friend cleaned it up a bit.

Amazing what these children can go through and still come out victorious on the other side. Praise the Lord!)

Rebecca said...

Yes, I enjoyed that little note. I didn't get to enjoy that backrub though...cause I was too busy to sit down! haha

Jim and Heather Smith said...

Christine: I was told to contact you as a result of something you posted on FRUA. I'm currently in Ukraine and waiting for my second appointment at the SDA. We found a beautiful boy and girl, 10 y/o twins. They consented to the adoption and then suddenly had a change of heart. After a week of bonding with these kids, it broke my heart. I'll explain the whole story another time. I was told that where you were there were a lot of wonderful kids in need of a home. Would you please email me privately at hlawrie@itol.com ? Thanks much as I spend my days waiting in Kiev! It will be two weeks tomorrow since I left home. Thanks for your time, Heather

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin