His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Glimpse into School Life

We had a variety pack of personalities with our boys, and it seems that we have the same with our girls. :)

Now that the newness of school is worn off, they are off to a good start. At least from how it looks BEFORE grading papers.

Today, we continued our trip around the world with Israel and the girls learned about Golda Maier. They learned snippets of World war 1 and 2 and what it meant to be Prime Minister of such a small country in a hostile environment. They also learned that important people, as with King David, can many times have tragic family lives. Such is the life of many rulers.

Then we moved on to Spelling. Erika, who typically keeps a very neat desk, and keeps very good track of her posessions, seems to have misplaced her spelling workbook. AHHH.
She is only on chapter 2. We have searched High and Low and so far, no spelling book. If we HAD a dog, it would be his fault, but since we don't, it's "not me's" fault and "I don't know" has it.

So then we move on to math. Anna finishes suspiciously fast. She prefers that I don't grade her paper. Hmmmm..... Oh my she is doing REVIEW. 454-267. She would have to carry over, but she doesn't like subtraction, so she invented a new way to do math.
Reverse. 7-4 is 3, 6-5 is 1, and 4-2 is 2. So her answer was 312???????
When I asked her about it, she said, she thought that was a fine way to do math so what is the problem? LOL

She is now working on redoing her entire lesson, hopefully before dinner.

Then there is Sarah who zooms through everything, gets it right, and asks, "Can I read on the porch? I'm finished." She took her practice spelling test and got everything correct. But for some reason she can't spell on her blog. LOL

So, during this typing, Anna is almost finished with her math, correctly this time and Erika just located her spelling book. It was on the couch under the pillow. Apparently she didn't look "that hard". :)

I wonder if I could lose the washing machine?

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin