His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, September 8, 2008

Extra Sweetness Coming Our Way

You know, as a parent, many times you feel inadequate, ill-equipped, inept, fill in the blank. When those feelings come, it puts you on your knees, and strikes fear inside of you.

For the life of me, I don't know why I doubt the Lord, but many times I do.
Especially when a little bump comes our way. I am then quickly reminded of God's grace.

Our Anna became afraid after hearing about a little girl removed from her home. She became sullen, grouchy and down right difficult, for about an evening. :)
I KNEW in my heart that she was afraid.

Imagine if you had been removed from your home again and again, and then felt safe, only to hear about somebody you KNOW being removed from their home! It truly struck fear into her.

Last night, I watched her toss and turn and get up for another hug and another kiss and another trip to the bathroom. I had to remind myself that she was struggling.

But, when she awoke this a.m. I expected the same as the day before and instead, we got big hugs, REAL big hugs and lots of I Love You's, and Loads of smiles ALL DAY~!

I think in her heart she knows she is ours and we are hers and we will never leave her. But there is that "fear factor" that sometimes pops out. It is fading more and more each year, and I am so pleased that this VERY REAL, UPFRONT IN YOUR FACE experience did not cause more than just a little bump in her life.

It just made my day today when she woke up and was so happy to be HOME! FOREVER HOME!

3 comments:

JJ said...

Love these attachment-themed stories, Christie. This one was kind of like the "darkest hour before the dawn". Everything is scarier in the dark, can't get to sleep for worrying, fall asleep, the fight-or-flight thoughts let go...wake up happy, rested and it is a whole new day with even greater confidence...what, afraid? not me! I guess this is the story of how faith is built.

Christine said...

This used to happen at our house too everytime they overheard me talking with someone. Now I share with them so they don't think it is about them.

Annie said...

My Zhenya recently went through this....the sw who works with our foster child decided to interview all the children - and because it fit her schedule better, she had them removed from their classes at school. It scared them! I wonder that the sw couldn't imagine that it might.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin