His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Science 101

I girlies are loving thier new science book.

Yesterday during our lesson, the subject of "Field Guides" to help us learn about a specific topic came up. I thought I was doing a great job explaining "field guides", that is, until I asked "Can somebody tell me what a "Field Guide" is?

All hands went up immediatly!

Erika: A field guide, is a guy standing in a field!

Sarah: No Erika! A field guide is a guy taking people in a field and telling them
what is there. Like, "guiding them!"

Anna: It is some kind of book.


:?

Becca, I hope you do a better job of teaching science!

3 comments:

The Noelles said...

Dear mom thank you I love you so much.


Love Erika Minich

The Noelles said...

Ha Mom that is very EMBARASSING.
LOVE Erika Minich

Jackie said...

Oh my goodness, that was so funny! That resonates with me as a homeschool mom myself. We are adopting from Russia, and I found your blog. I laughed out loud when I read the kids definition of a field guide. I've had similar scenarios with my boys and history. :-)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin